[ale] OT: should I be worried?

Tim Watts timtw at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 10 07:37:39 EDT 2008

Hi,

This is way OT but there seems to be enough security-conscious folks around
here that I thought I might get some informed opinions on the matter.

I routinely get voice spam on my land line phone about how I urgently need to
call a number about my soon-to-expire auto warranty (which I don't have).
(Yes, I'm one of the last 20 people in the country who is not on the national
DNC list -- don't ask why.) I can live with that. But I was spooked a few
days ago: After making a number of calls on my cell, the message suddenly
arrived on my cell phone where I NEVER get spam. Is it possible or likely
that this is more than just an eerie coincidence?