[ale] Preseeding Keyboard in D-I

brian at polibyte.com brian at polibyte.com
Sun Mar 9 20:06:22 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to automate an ubuntu network installation with preseeding.
So far, mostly so good, except I can't seem to preseed the keyboard
layout. I added the boot option auto=true, which should "delay of the
locale and keyboard questions until after there has been a chance to
preseed them" and I specify the keymap in my preseed file, but the
first thing the installer does is ask me to press a variety of keys. I
tried adding console-keymaps-at/keymap=us as a boot option but that
didn't help either. Any suggestions? My configuration is below.

-Brian

LABEL gutsy
	kernel ubuntu/gutsy/i386/linux
	append vga=normal initrd=ubuntu/gutsy/i386/initrd.gz auto=true
priority=critical interface=auto
url=http://10.0.0.1/preseed/kids-preseed.txt

d-i debian-installer/locale string en_US
d-i console-keymaps-at/keymap select us

d-i netcfg/get_hostname string ubuntu
d-i netcfg/get_domain string unassigned-domain

d-i mirror/country string US
d-i mirror/http/hostname string us.archive.ubuntu.com
d-i mirror/http/directory string /ubuntu
d-i mirror/http/proxy string http://10.0.0.1:8080

d-i clock-setup/utc boolean true
d-i clock-setup/ntp boolean true
d-i time/zone string US/Eastern

d-i partman-auto/disk string /dev/sda
d-i partman-auto/method string regular
d-i partman-auto/purge_lvm_from_device boolean true
d-i partman-auto/choose_recipe select All files in one partition
(recommended for new users)
d-i partman/confirm_write_new_label boolean true
d-i partman/choose_partition select Finish partitioning and write
changes to disk
d-i partman/confirm boolean true

d-i passwd/root-login boolean false
d-i passwd/user-fullname string cgroot
d-i passwd/username string cgroot
d-i passwd/user-password-crypted password 87745a7937e7b4c2df9274e9848cbc21

tasksel tasksel/first multiselect standard, ubuntu-desktop
d-i pkgsel/include string ubuntu-restricted-extras edubuntu-addon-kde
edubuntu-addon-science edubuntu-addon-young edubuntu-artwork
popularity-contest popularity-contest/participate boolean true

xserver-xorg xserver-xorg/autodetect_monitor boolean true

d-i grub-installer/with_other_os boolean true

d-i finish-install/reboot_in_progress note