[ale] oocalc: a sad story from a oocalc newbie

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 8 04:52:40 EST 2008

Greg,
Openoffice normally opens with the working directory set to some
default.  If you didn't set the path to that xls file you wanted to open
explicitly you should get a file not found.  It certainly wasn't looking
in the current directory of your shell.  GIMP works the same way.  Try
gimp in a subdirectory of your home directory on OpenSuSE and it's
default working directory is switched back to your home directory.
Dow