[ale] .htaccess

Terry Bailey terry at bitlinx.com
Fri Mar 7 18:15:22 EST 2008

The answer is "yes" to all of your questions.  A funny thing.  If I
try to access one of the files in /var/www/html/admin (e.g.,
/var/www/html/admin/add.htm) the username/password popup does not
happen.  However, if I try to access this same file from a menu URL
(i.e., /var/www/html/admin/menu.htm) then the popup occurs.  Note
that /var/www/html is the document root.  The .htaccess file is in
the directory /var/www/html/admin. However
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/admin nor
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/admin/menu.htm forces a username/password popup.