[ale] hardy questions

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Fri Mar 7 14:35:02 EST 2008

ok, so I couldn't get kde4 running on my laptop, even though it was installed.
so I downloaded a fresh copy of hardy alpha 6 and blew away my "/" and
reinstalled hardy. Then I added kde4, kdepim... now I can again log in to
ubuntu using kde4. got the latest kdepim, nice!
in...playing with the KDE desktop I seem to not get this widgets thingie..
I tried to add a kontact icon to my desktop. But instead of getting that, all
I did was remove my "K" menu button on the bottom left of the tray.
I ws able to add the Kmenu back, but it shows up on the far RIGHT hand corner
of the tray, even to the right of the clock. Nowhere do I see any method of
moving it back to the far left of the tray, am I missing something??

and how do I add a desktop icon for... ANYTHING, like kontact. It pulled in my
old desktop icons, but kontact wasn't there ( thunderbird was, and it works
after I reinstalled thunderbird). At least it works !

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800