[ale] Final Ubuntu 8.04 Alpha Release

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 6 22:37:57 EST 2008

For a production machine, I'd wait until it gets closer to final
release. I have a machine that I can safely test these Alpha releases on
because it's a "spare".

I'm running Gutsy on all of the machines that I normally use. I'll
probably upgrade the one that I use for less critical stuff once we get
to Beta stage, but not before. I won't move my personal or critical
machines over until after final release, and I've had a chance to work
with the final on one of these machines until I'm happy that it's
stable.

>From the Ubuntu Wiki (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardyHeron/Alpha6),
regarding upgrading to Hardy from Gutsy, "To upgrade from Ubuntu 7.10,
run "update-manager -d" using the update-manager package from Gutsy."

Dan