[ale] Need help printing from Kubuntu

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 12:13:04 EST 2008

I am going to venture a guess and say the machine is using the HPLIP
driver (http://hplip.sf.net/). I can't give you the exact menu
location, if it is even in the menu, of the HPLIP configuration tool
because I don't use Kubuntu. But if you open the HPLIP configuration
tool and go to the "Print Settings" tab there is a "Quality" setting.
See if there is an option for specifying black only, or something
similar. It might be a different setting on that tab as well. Just
look through them until you find the one that controls the color
output.

You might be able to run the tool by typing `sudo hplip` at a command
prompt. I believe that is the name of the executable.