[ale] [rant] I dislike "we only support winblows/OS X" AT&T internet

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Mar 4 00:27:25 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 13:48 -0500, Ned Williams wrote:
> Regardless of what it takes to do a ping..you have their service you
> agreed to their terms of service, that TOS states they only support
> windows...that means you understood at the time of getting the service
> that calling in because your Linux connected machine has a problem is
> a lost cause. The effect of the operating system is not what is  up
> for debate, the effect of the contract the customer agrees too, is. Is
> it a wrongly minded contract sure if your a Linux person, but that is
> not of any consequence to AT&T. .If you don't like, don't be their
> customer. That is your greatest method to effect chance upon them.

So, what you are saying is that in the majority of the country, where
there may not be providers that are "non Windows" friendly, people
should just suck it up and use Windows?

FWIW, I never signed anything that says that they have to support my
system.  Simply the connection to the network.

In any event, they state that Windows is a "minimum requirement"... they
didn't say that the minimum requirement was also the ceiling.

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us
cell: 678-522-7934                       im: mike at trausch.us, jabber