[ale] Intelligent Power (was global warming) [OT]

George Allen glallen01 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 17:23:36 EST 2008

That's sortof what I was thinking - out by Big Bend or areas where there is
lots of sunshine - maybe there could be an economy of scale. Even if it put
half of the western desert in the shade.

Probably a good place for it would be all that land that's still a bit
radioactive anyway. Seems like a good place for an army of robots to build a
solar away instead of people.

And even if the technology isn't available now for the solar panels.... we
don't have the linux powered solar-grid-maintence robotic-army-ants yet
either... but both seem feasable in ... 10-20-50 years?

Seems closer to possible than those dubious nano-tech robots that were a hot
dystopian sci-fi topic for a while.

-G