[ale] Plexiglass cases?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Mon Mar 3 16:48:51 EST 2008

That reminds me of issue I had on an old IBM PC-XT (yes I'm THAT old)
during my time in Grenada.  The monitor (monochrome of course) suddenly
wouldn't work.  I verified it was the card rather than the monitor by
moving the monitor to another unit and vice-versa.

I contacted what passed for computer repair down there just because I
didn't have a spare adapter and asked the guy to bring one out.   The
guy comes on site and after 30 minutes of doing only God knows what
comes and tells me that the issue is the monitor rather than the card.
I opened the case to the unit having the issue and pulled the adapter
out then pointed to the big hole that had melted in one of the chips and
told him "I'm pretty sure THIS is the problem".   He graciously
concurred and replaced the adapter as I'd originally asked.