[ale] Intelligent Power (was global warming) [OT]

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Mon Mar 3 09:37:42 EST 2008

Of course if you're a utility making money selling power it might be
worth your while to say that economies of scale make solar power (and
other technologies like wind power) useless for homes.  I haven't
researched it myself but phrases like "economies of scale" always make
me suspicious unless I know
1) Who did the research?
2) Who paid for the research?

It is not much of a surprise for example that the FDA has had to pull
drugs from the market that drug company funded studies initially
suggested were safe and effective but usage by real people proved were
not the former and in some cases (with many anti-depressants for
example) not the latter.