[ale] [rant] I dislike "we only support winblows/OS X" AT&T internet

tom tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Sun Mar 2 09:38:34 EST 2008

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008, Jim Lynch wrote:

> Michael B. Trausch wrote:
>> On Sat, 2008-03-01 at 21:36 -0500, Thompson Freeman wrote:
>>

>> What will it take to get these companies to start actually getting
>> competent people to start doing the job of technical support, and
>> support only the things that they sell?
>
> Competition.

As a proximate cause, I would agree. The ultimate cause of improvement,
however, will be motivated troublesome customers who _choose_ to _demand_
adequate to great service. As long as the dominant aspect of competition
is getting the lowest upfront cost, service will suck with the ferocity of
a black hole.