[ale] OT: Skype

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Sun Jun 29 09:38:21 EDT 2008

Jim Lynch wrote:
> Scott Castaline wrote:
>
>>  I also have a phone headset
>> (single earpiece w/ mike), the micro plug looks like a stereo micro plug
>> with 3 conductors, does anyone know which one is mike vs which one for
>> speaker?
>>
> The tip is the mike and the ring is the earphone.
>
> Jim

So in other words numbering the elements with 1 being the tip it would be:
1. Mike
2. Earpiece
3. Gnd

Also, can I have skype on 2 different PCs that are on the same LAN
utilizing the same account/phone #? In that case would it ring on both
PCs and could the call be answered on either one? Are you able to FAX
through Skype? These are questions that I just can't seem to find
answers for at the site or other places, so I apologise for doing so
here, but *I *do use Linux, even though my wife doesn't. Although she is
now willing to try Ubuntu on her personal PC, now if I could get Georgia
DHR to convert, I'd be really happy.