[ale] is there a mobile service that can connect it's phone to a laptop with "good" download speed ?

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Wed Jun 25 17:41:31 EDT 2008

Hi Brian, ALErs -

NewbieQ:

How does your phone get internet access through T-mobile? Reason I ask is,
I have pay-as-you-talk T-mobile and could get some type net access
(MyFaves??) for about $6/mo. Since I _don't_ have this service , I can't
even open the sites that T-mo would use to sell me stuff!

Running my low-end Nokia 6030 through gnokii might give me a useful
connection. I can send text, set some phone params, etc, but I never
tried it as data link. (Naturally I may not even have the basic concepts
right on this!)

Thanks for any comments.

  - Mills