[ale] is there a mobile service that can connect it's phone to a laptop with "good" download speed ?

Brian Stanaland brian at stanaland.org
Wed Jun 25 16:26:47 EDT 2008

I won't go so far as to put down numbers but I use T-Mobile tethered
all the time. i wouldn't try to download a distro over it but I can
log in to both my employers' VPNs and work fairly well. I have a Pearl
and a Dash. Actually, my Pearl is exclusively for internet access. It
ended up being 50 bucks whereas the internet access card costs $150.
My service is around $140 per month with 2 phones, 800 min, MyFaves,
and truly unlimited data on both phones.Verizon and AT&T both have a 5
GB per month limit. I think. Don't quote me.

Also, I have had nothing but good experiences with T-mobile support.
The first line personnel will get you to data support right away.

Brian