[ale] Library is blocking my web site!

philips_jim at bellsouth.net philips_jim at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 24 18:16:12 EDT 2008

  -------------- Original message from Jim Lynch <ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com>: --------------

> Oh and my web site is not a porno site and I don't think ever has been.
> Apart from a picture or two of a topless guy swilling a beer, I can't
> think of anything objectionable about the site.  I have had hate mail
> sent to me suggesting they hated me 'cause I was living THEIR dream.  ;)
>
> Thanks,
> Jim.

It hardly makes any difference that *your* site isn't a porn site. Once at my place of work, I was blocked from visiting a site for the Clifton Corridor Transportation Management Authority (sounds dangerous, doesn't it?). The filtering software labeled the site as porn. My only guess was that their hosting provider has a block of IP addresses and one of them is for a porn site, therefore the filtering morons decided to block any IP address associated with that hosting provider. Sounds totally stupid, but I think that's what they're doing.