[ale] CentOS 5.0 -> 5.1

timothy at meanor.net timothy at meanor.net
Mon Jun 23 13:02:04 EDT 2008

Ah, I forgot that it has the $releasever variable in the path to the repos.  According to the man page for yum.conf, $releasever is replaced with the version of the package specified by distroverpkg in yum.conf (which by default is redhat-release).  His redhat-release says 5, so "yum -y update" will only get updates for version 5.

Perhaps the thing to do is to download the redhat-release package for 5.1, install that, than run "yum -y update" again.

-Tim