[ale] Notes from Jun 19th meeting

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Sat Jun 21 07:41:07 EDT 2008

>>> problem.  I did some playing around and found a great way to do banners
>>> with OpenOffice and Adobe Reader: Open Impress (presentation), set page
>>> width to say 22 inches (or multiples of 11 inches), and then make a
>>> banner using graphics, fonts, and word art ("Fontwork") gallery, and

apt-get install inkscape       (incredible adobe illustrator-ish vector program)

Applications->Graphics-Inkscape    (start InkScape)

File->Document Properties

In Custom Size Box, set "units" to "feet"

Set Page to "6"                     (for a six foot wide banner)

Click Text Icon. Click Onto Page. Type Message: "Hello World"

Stretch text across 6' banner how you would like it.

File->Print