[ale] Verizon and Comcast both offer faster speeds to customers

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sun Jun 15 11:27:13 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 21:53 -0400, Chris Fowler wrote:
> I use MUCH SSH remotely and I use VoIP.  To me if my calls suck and
> typing over SSH sucks then the latency is not acceptable.  Latency is
> critical in real-time protocols such as those.

Absolutely.

Of course, you know it's really bad when ping is nearly 1000ms, and even
telnet lags every time you type something.  You'd think that there'd be
no reason for that...

But I seem to get it pretty often, even within the country.  Of course,
when I call the problem in, I must be on crack, or have some wiring
issue, or be mentally distressed, or have some problem *other* than the
ISP... at least, according to the ISP... :-)

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us
cell: 678-522-7934                       im: mike at trausch.us, jabber