[ale] Brookhaven-area PC shop recommendations?

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 13 13:11:48 EDT 2008

Ed L. Cashin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have debian testing on a custom PC with an Asus A7V133
> motherboard, so it's a bit old---It takes Duron/Athlon Socket
> A or Socket 462 CPUs.
>
> In Athens, GA, I liked to go to GC Computer in the mall,
> because they weren't freaked out by Linux and were good
> at troubleshooting older PCs.
>
> Is there a shop around Brookhaven that anyone could
> recommend for PC parts and repairs?  They don't have
> to be Linux experts, but they shouldn't be Linux-phobic.

I don't know you, so please take what I say with a grain of
salt(pound?).  Why can't you fix it yourself?  Odds are they will tell
you to upgrade anyway because only used parts would be available for a
reasonable price.  You could even ask for a little help on the list.  As
I said I don't know you, so you might have reasons why you won't/can't
attempt a repair by yourself.

Calvin...