[ale] Simple SVN question

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Jun 11 18:15:16 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 09:13 -0400, Chris Fowler wrote:
> I'm starting to place new projects in SVN over CVS.

If you are moving today from CVS, I would recommend that you take a look
at either bzr or git for new projects.

I've been using bzr now for some time, and I am really quite happy with
it.  It supports the "central" workflow, if that is what you need, but
it's infinitely more flexible than SVN and lets you do far more things,
such as take your project to places unknown without an Internet
connection and still work on it.  Branching is easy, merging is easy,
sending patches to others is easy... it's pretty damn cool all the way
around.

The commands are much like what you'd be using in Subversion, as well.
Can't speak to CVS, since I've never used it---but I used to use
Subversion extensively until I moved to bzr (after trying out a handful
of the distributed tools and deciding that I liked bzr best).

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us
cell: 678-522-7934                       im: mike at trausch.us, jabber