[ale] New form of spam or phising?

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Tue Jun 10 16:23:22 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 10 June 2008, Scott Castaline wrote:
> Just received an email with subject of failure notice from
> MAILER-DAEMON at kidsi.net. It appeared that I had sent an email to an
> unknown recipient and it was being returned. I tried kidsi.net on my
> browser (FF3.0b) and it appears to be an Asian based site and
> immediately a large message box popped up making some statement about
> sharing Fedora 9. I cancelled of course, but to be honest I'm not sure
> what just happened. Any ideas?

Tried kidsi.net with both Konqueror and Firefox (2.0.0.13) on Mandriva with no
pop ups or warnings of them being blocked. Site seems Innocent to me. Not
that I can read it...

As to the spam, delete it and move on. LARTing spam has pretty much been a
waste of time for years now. I still occasionally do fake or obscene log ins
on obvious phishing scams. Wasting a bit of *their* time can be a great
stress reliever:)
--
William