[ale] wireless at Starbucks

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 21:22:40 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Geoffrey Myers
<lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:

> On Jun 7, 2008, at 7:11 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
>> Should I pay RIAA for music I can hear from a neighbours stereo? I
>> would fight a court order to do so just because RIAA disgusts me.
>
> I would tend to agree with that as well.  I don't know of a case where
> they actually have tried the above.

The UK equivalent of the RIAA did try this - they were trying to
extort money from businesses where the staff was playing their music
loud enough for the customers to hear it - not over the intercom, mind
you, but in their workspaces.

--
Pete Hardie
--------