[ale] wireless at Starbucks

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Sat Jun 7 09:31:19 EDT 2008

I stopped in to a local Starbucks as I'm waiting while the shop works
on my truck.  Fired up my laptop and it spotted two networks, tmobile
and AT&T.  For grins, I selected the AT&T network, then opened up my
browser which took me to an AT&T login page.  The page had a drop down
box for email address domains, which included bellsouth.net.  I
entered my bellsouth email address and password and Voila!  I'm on.  I
guess I have some wireless access with my dsl service that I wasn't
aware of.

Anyway, I did this all under OSX, so I'm going to try it under Linux
next. ;)

--
Later, Geoffrey