[ale] Cannot get POP Summary

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 13:51:03 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Jim Popovitch <yahoo at jimpop.com> wrote:

> 2008/6/2 Marc Ferguson <mferguson at digitalalias.net>:
> > Ha-ha, close, but no cigar. I do have large amounts of email from
> multiple
> > POP3 accounts.  I WAS getting them just fine since I installed F8 (about
> 2
> > months ago). But lately (past couple of days) I've been running in this
> POP
> > Summary issue and I've noticed that it won't completely download my
> emails
> > because of these errors that keep coming up.
>
> One take-away for the future is this.  POP3 use may periodically
> re-download all past email during situations where the POP3 client
> can't determine what has been previously downloaded.  This would
> typically be after system upgrades, after ~/.* file removal(s), or
> disk corruptions.
>
> Have you tried using IMAP?
>
> -Jim P.

No, I did in the past, but I'm concerned with using up all my storage space
on my server.  Can my spamassasin on my Evolution be applied to IMAP?  I
think I ended up going through Gmail, which was great (rarely saw spam), but
I've jumped back onto the band wagon of having full control of my files
(when I get them, at least).

I'll try and work through this, update you all later.  Thanks so much for
the conversation.  I've at learned a couple things along the way

--
Marc F.

"..Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come.."
-Rev1:4