[ale] Dell offers Ubuntu 8.04 on new hardware

Forsaken forsaken at targaryen.us
Thu Jul 31 00:46:03 EDT 2008

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 16:35:15 -0400
Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:

> MacBook Pro 17". Currently a tri-boot, Red Hat EL 5 and Fedora 8
> alongside MacOS X. Here are the specs:
>
> http://support.apple.com/kb/SP4
>
> There are a number of kernel patches specific to the MacBook that
> I've not had the time to pursue, that brings alive a lot of the neat
> functionality of the hardware.

Oh, I'm jealous. I'm picking up the 15" model tomorrow, wished I could
afford the 17".

Out of curiosity, did yours come with 1 2 gig stick, or 2 1 gig sticks
of RAM? Google seems to give me conflicting results. Curious if I can
cannibalize the 2 gig stick I used to upgrade my current laptop to get
to 4 gigs or if I'll have to buy a 2x2 pack