[ale] Ale Digest, Vol 6, Issue 80

Van Loggins vanloggins at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 15:50:04 EDT 2008

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:55:43 -0400
> From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner at water.com>
> Subject: Re: [ale] anyone on the list looking for a cheap XEON system?
> To: <ale at ale.org>
>
> "So why are these so cheap?"
>

> Because the specs tell you it's a POS!
>

> Spam deleted from original post.

Really? I've always considered Xeon processors to be far superior to their
consumer counterparts.

And a 2 GHz Xeon system is hardly a POS, that would run a linux server quite
nicely with a few hard drives added to replace the meager 4 gig drive that
is currently in the system.

the only thing that's keeping me from ordering one is that I'm saving my
money for Dragon-Con I wouldn't mind having one of these on my bench at
home.

Sorry if me posting the link and the info for the machine is considered as
being spam , I definitely didn't intend it to be considered like that..