[ale] [OT] Mojave Experiment

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Jul 30 12:17:15 EDT 2008

Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> Anyway what are your reasons for dislike.

I think you just explained my dislike.  I do not want to have to have
major hardware
just to run an OS.

Let me give you an example.

Back when I was in school, I would come home, turn on my DOS 6.22
machine with Windows 3.1,  go do a nature call, and by the time I was
done, the PC was ready.

Now with  Vista, that process still applies.  I had an 12mhz machine.  I
now have 3ghz.  Why does something so much faster still take the same
amount of time to boot?  Well don't lay all the blame on MS.  Ubuntu
8.04 is just as guilty.  Just not as much.

The reality is that resources or cheap and programming is not.  Hire
crappy programmers, use no memory management and garbage collection and
this is what you get.  You call this progress?

--

Chris Fowler
OutPost Sentinel, LLC
Support @ SIP/support at pbx.opsdc.com