[ale] Untangle

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Jul 27 20:24:07 EDT 2008

I've spent a couple days over the weekend replacing my dead firewall
with one running Untangle.  Anyone else use this?  The Linux firewall
stuff is not a mystery to me so I could simply just use a standard
CentOS 5 disti.  What I like about this product is all the add-ons.

One that did intrigue me is a concept called "client less VPN" or "Web
VPN".  I like the idea of not having to install a client on the
workstation.  From the info I can gather about this, it seems to only
work for access to web based applications.   It does not provide your
remote workstation "ping" capability into the office network.  Or am I
wrong?

Chris

--
Chris Fowler