[ale] going OT - Working with photos (was) Extreme Practical Data Recovery (Part 2)

Jeremy Phillips jjayphillips at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 19:03:29 EDT 2008

> Sure, there'll be times when shooting just Jpeg is desirable, it just won't be very often once you get comfortable with RAW. :)
>
> Cheers,
> Robert~

I have been thinking about getting a digital camera for some time.
I have procrastinated knowing that there is such a wide array of choices
that I wouldn't know where to begin.
This RAW concept, particularly Adobe's Digital Negative format (DNG) has
turned out to be the key element in my search.
Thanks for mentioning.

I'm hoping that I can save money on the camera, using .dng, UFRaw, and
GIMP, without sacrificing quality.

Cheer's back 'atcha :]

--
public domain