[ale] Extreme Practical Data Recovery (Part 2)

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Wed Jul 23 12:44:05 EDT 2008

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Wed July 23 2008, Robert Coggins wrote:
>
>> I am really hoping it gets over the bad sectors soon so that I can try
>> to restore some of the photos for this guy.  He just had a baby and I
>> think most of the photos are on this drive without being backed up.
>> Made me backup again after I got home last the other night though!
>>
>> Robert
>>

> I never ever delete photos from the camera until I have either backed them up,
> or burned them to a CD. As a side not, I just LOVE the way digikam JUST WORKS
> with my nice new Nikon D60 :) My NEXT purchase will be a larger SATA drive..
> with pictures coming in at 2.5Mb it chews up space in a hurry!! For instance,
> this weekend at our church youth conference at St. SImons island, I took 297
> pictures, that totalled 725 Mb.. just a tad over what a normal CD will
> burn...

Time for DVD burning. I've been dreaming about the D80. I don't remember
what the link was but I ran into a site where somone had hacked the
Nikon firmware and found reference to setting that would make it greater
than 25MegaPixel. Nikon would not comment whether that was intentional
for future cameras or could it be enabled, according to the article. I'm
not sure of the reliability of the site though. I beleive I had stumbled
upon it while looking for something to do with the D80 on Google.