[ale] Extreme Practical Data Recovery (Part 2)

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Wed Jul 23 12:27:48 EDT 2008

On Wed July 23 2008, Robert Coggins wrote:
> I am really hoping it gets over the bad sectors soon so that I can try
> to restore some of the photos for this guy.  He just had a baby and I
> think most of the photos are on this drive without being backed up.
> Made me backup again after I got home last the other night though!
>
> Robert

I never ever delete photos from the camera until I have either backed them up,
or burned them to a CD. As a side not, I just LOVE the way digikam JUST WORKS
with my nice new Nikon D60 :) My NEXT purchase will be a larger SATA drive..
with pictures coming in at 2.5Mb it chews up space in a hurry!! For instance,
this weekend at our church youth conference at St. SImons island, I took 297
pictures, that totalled 725 Mb.. just a tad over what a normal CD will
burn...

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800