[ale] Extreme Practical Data Recovery

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Fri Jul 18 08:41:03 EDT 2008

Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> 	Wouldn't.  Not unless you found the hidden telepathy directory.

That reminds me of an old sys admin trick I learned (and have since
forgotten) when I was at AT&T.  I was taking a class and the instructor
demonstrated how you could hide a directory by manipulating the links
between directories using a tool called fsdb.  Basically, you set it up
so that you could only back into the directory.  Something like:

cd a/b/c
cd ..

was the only way to get to directory 'b'.

Where as doing:

cd a/b

Wouldn't work.

It's been so long ago I can't remember the specifics, so I might be a
little off on the description.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin