[ale] question about hiring developers

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Jul 15 17:02:22 EDT 2008

I resent the comment about Monster.com.

While I've gotten jobs because of people I know I've also used job
boards (especially Monster.com) to get some fairly good jobs and have
never had an employer that wanted to get rid of me because I came to
them via that route.  In fact the last such job I had the employer
wanted to convert me from contract to perm when I told them I was
leaving.  I really liked the job too - unfortunately it was far from
family and friends - much like AZ :-)

Of course my last Monster.com job was over 4 years ago - I guess its
possible things have changed but I wouldn't hesitate to post my resume
there if I was looking again.  (Speaking of which - does anyone else
think the economy is starting to feel as bad as it did in 2001 when the
tech bust came?)