[ale] New system...

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Wed Jul 2 20:23:51 EDT 2008

2008/7/2  <bugy at bellsouth.net>:
> I just got Barracuda Firewall 200 brand new for free :) The sysadmin at my
> workplace just throw it away. He is not familiar with any that says Linux on
> it. This is mail filter, spam blocker  .... whatever :) Inside is regular
> motherboard with 40GB disk on PATA 66/100, Athlon 1200 don't know how much
> RAM, but has one free RAM slot +. Just regular PC with Linux. Mounts in 19"
> rack. One ethernet port. Big minus,  just realize ... lot of noise. If you
> wаnt it ... get it. Probably you should hookup CD to reinstall new Linux
> system :) It is brand new !!! I guess never worked.

Barracudas suck.   They bounce emails, instead of rejecting, which
cause tons of backwash to mail servers that never sent the original
email.   For instance, if I sent spam To: admin at yourdomain.tld as
From: bugy at bellsouth.net, the barracuda would bounce the spam back to
bellsouth instead of initially rejecting my attempts to send the spam.
  Folks who run barracudas are highly despised by serious anti-spam
folks.

-Jim P.