[ale] Windows Server 2003

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Jul 1 09:20:30 EDT 2008

Actually it was working with Novell back in the early days that gave me
an understanding of user and group management.   That along with DOS
command line made my transition to UNIX a breeze because all I had to
learn (at a basic level) was the different way UNIX did the same things
DOS/Novell.  Of course UNIX/Linux do one hell of a lot more than that
but it gave me a leg up when I was a newbie.

Later Novell annoyed me because they took so long to come out with a
TCP/IP implementation and the IPX/SPX interoperability with UNIX was
flaky at best.