[ale] Need New Home & Admin for List & Site

aaron aaron at pd.org
Sun Jan 27 15:44:03 EST 2008

On Sunday 27 January 2008 14:02, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 13:36 -0500, aaron wrote:
> > The bandwidth demands for the web site and mailing lists are not
> > large, so James Kinney has offered to donate hosting for the site
> > and lists through his modest home based 1 meg connection, He
> > has additionally "volunteered" to serve as the primary admin. I'm
> > offering to help with web page maintenance and serve as back-up
> > admin.
>
> Are the numbers available for what bandwidth has been used on the
> site in the past 60 days or so, just out of curiosity?

I can offer a broad estimate based on observed list traffic and guesstimates
of  list membership, but I would expect that the server is handling less that
200 MiB daily outgoing and less than 200 KiB per day inbound

> Also, are there any requirements outside of PHP, Python, and a mail
> service?

I'm sure Perl needs to be in there, too. ;-)
I would doubt there are any special requirements to the server, but any that
might arise cane worked out by the admins at transfer time.

>  And what are the requirements for the FTP service?

Again, seperate issue... but the FTP numbers were discussed in the fall
and should be available in the list archive if you want to know.

peace
aaron