[ale] OT: Need mini-f extenders for laptop's wireless antennnae

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Mon Jan 21 10:48:57 EST 2008

ALErs -

I have a laptop and a [Linux-supported] mini-PCI wireless card to install,
but the card's antenna connections can't be reached by the mini-cables to
the laptop's built-in antennae.

Does anyone know a source for short (1-2") extensions with the mini-F
connectors and coax typically used for wireless cards' antenna
connections. I've seen type-N adapters for these, but not extenders and
not with the right gender to plug into the existing antenna leads.

I would rather not open the laptop, and even if I do there might not be
enough cable slack to reach the card's terminals.

TIA for any ideas.

 - John Mills