[ale] Fedora 6 install media

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 19:28:59 EST 2008

2008/1/20 Michael H. Warfield <mhw at wittsend.com>:

> On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 17:10 -0500, Pete Hardie wrote:
> > It's libraries that prevent me from intalling - it's Apani Contivity
> > VPN, provided by a src RPM, and the compile fails
> > in F8.  Since I don't want to spend too much time for a work tool, and
> > I have a spare machine, I'll load FC6 on the spare
> > and run it there.  I've got a sufficiently good KVM switch for the 2
> > boxen, so it's not a big issue.
>
>         Really...  And they support RHEL 5 and do not support CentOS 5?  That
> makes no bloody sense.  They're the same thing on that level.  Have you
> tried compiling on CentOS 5?  What errors did you get there.  I have no
> surprise it wouldn't work with F8, that's a lot of changes since FC6.
> But CentOS 5 == RHEL 5 ~= FC6 and that SHOULD work.

The site says FC6 and Suse<mumble> - I haven't kept up with distro details.

The errors have to do with missing fields in some structures.  I'm not planning
to pursue this heavily, since it is a rarely used program, and the
second box works well
enough for my purposes.

OpenVZ - sounds like its worth a look.  I assume it would be at www.openvz.com?