[ale] Corrupted Desktop Terminal

Jack Schneider puck at dp-indexing.com
Sat Jan 19 16:43:27 EST 2008

I screwed up my Gnome Terminal setup some how... on my workstation
desktop.

My system:
Debian "Lenny"
Kernel: 2.6.22-3-amd64
Video:  Nvidia 8600 GT
Video Drv. NVIDIA 169.07
/var/log/Xorg.0.log has one failure:
(EE) Failed to load module "type1" (module does not exist, 0)

My Problems:
Gnome terminal has unreadable fonts..TOO small. The terminal will not
close, when clicking on X, and ctrl+ + will not work.

Xterm seems to work. OK

I created a new user,(puck) and the Gnome terminal on that Desktop works
normally..OK  So it seems I have a hidden file screwed up on my
desktop...

Anyone have a idea what folder I should replace???  or what/where I
should look or go from here???  I have been struggling for several days
and come up blank from Archive and Google and not much help from Debian
lists.

Here's what I've tried, to find a problem source.
In both user login desktops I ran:
strace -o termerrors -ff gnome-terminal
then from:
jack at speeduke> # diff  --suppress-common-lines  termerrors
~puck/termerrors > diff_terms

Thanks, in advance..
Jack

ps  I'll email the attachment file to anyone who'd care to look.