[ale] $1B for MySQL !!!

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Jan 18 01:05:07 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 01:38 -0500, Mike Harrison wrote:
> I see MySQL as a companion to a real database system.
> Especially for web apps. Not everything NEEDS an Oracle, Sybase, DB2..
> even if you have it. In fact, it'll keep your real core db servers
> cleaner from smaller rapidly changing less important stuff.

You forgot about PostgreSQL... :-)

Though, if MySQL does go away for whatever reason---not that I expect it
to---then I think that there will be a lot of money up for the picking
for people that are able to quickly convert applications from one system
to the other, especially for applications that do not use a database
abstraction layer of one form or another, and simply call the database
directly.

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us