[ale] Bad weather

tom tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Jan 17 11:35:13 EST 2008

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Charles Shapiro wrote:

> We (aaron and some other members of the list) had some discussion about this
> and concluded that we could make it rain or shine. Heck, I'm drivin' over
> there. It'd take snow drifts to stop a car, I figure.

Since there isn't any way I could make it because of distance, I hope you
will forgive me for chiming in. Especially since I tend to think that way
also (About cars and drifts that is).  Actually, stopping is a major issue
that many of us forget about. A little bit of water mixed with a tad bit
of ice and the ability to choose how and where to stop can be gone. Hard
objects will make the choice for you.

Now that I've been my killjoy self, I hope that the meeting will go
forward if the driving isn't much worse than it is here. Please drive
slowly and pay attention to both low traction conditions and idiots with
more horsepower than sense. I have learned much from people here, and I
would prefer not to loose one due to poor choices in questionable weather.

Ok. Mother mode off and appologies for lecturing adults about what they
already know.