[ale] Stupid IP question

Michael Still stillwaxin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 20:45:31 EST 2008

You could setup a hostname with dyndns as well.  I've used this is
multiple locations for many years with no trouble.  Finding out your
ip then becomes a dns lookup.  Many routers now support this or other
similar services out of the box.

https://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/dyndns/

On Jan 14, 2008 4:39 PM, PairOfTwins <PairOfTwins at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Wow --- so many responses!
>
> For remote support, I'm wanting the IP that comcast shows the world from
> her house.
>
> I'd tried traceroute from my machine, and it DID NOT give me my public
> IP, only an Earthlink IP that's similar.
>
> Brian -- the "wget" command DOES match my Earthlink-assigned public IP
> --- very good!
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
>

> List wrote:
> > Yeah, actually traceroute does.  Just tried it on several machines.
> > It nicely give me the network facing interface as the first hop after
> > my router.
> >

> > Greg Freemyer wrote:
> >> And nor will traceroute.

[stillwaxin at gmail.com ~]$ cat .signature
cat: .signature: No such file or directory
[stillwaxin at gmail.com ~]$