[ale] HOW2 run..... gOS..... on a Dell laptop ?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sat Jan 12 19:18:42 EST 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 13:10 -0500, Courtney Thomas wrote:
> I downloaded and burned gos-live-2.0.0-beta1.iso onto a CD.
>
> How do I now get it to boot from a laptop as bootup finds that the CD
> is not
> bootable ? I have set the CD drive as the first bootable device.
>
> There are 3 dirs named: casper, isolinux & preseed, in the iso which
> is on
> D:, and which is named "gos-live-2.0.0-beta1.iso.
>
> There are also 3 files named: LIVECD_VERSION, md5sum.txt & README,
> none of
> which tell how to get it going.

Assuming that you burned the CD as an image directly to the disc, if
your BIOS does not support booting and the disk is bootable, you can try
using the Smart Boot Manager (sbm).  You can install SBM to a floppy by
installing it from an Ubuntu system, or you can just go to the SBM web
site for additional install methods.

http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/download.html

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us