[ale] external monitor & automated refund request for Comcast or other services

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Fri Jan 11 11:07:01 EST 2008

2008/1/11 Jerry Yu <jjj863 at gmail.com>:

> 1) to get a TICKET# from live chat on Comcast site (automate this part and
> to be triggered by outage alert from the monitors, or even manually by cheap
> labor from other galaxies )

IIRC, you have to speak with someone in Billing, not someone on live chat,
to get a service credit.

> 2) if email or billing portal is allowed to pass this TICKET# in to
> request refund, things would be easier.

Would you rather Comcast (or any other ISP) spend money on implementing
this... or fixing network problems?   <ducking>

> if POTS line is the only channel to request refund, can we glue some AI +
> speech-2-text + text-2-speech + pre-scripted request with outage report
> works?

:-) I can see you having a future in Telemarketing. :-)

> The framework could be generalized to any ISP or service.  I mentioned
> Comcast only because its recent outage trigged these thoughts.

When the residential customer pays a business rate, the landscape will be
much different.   Unfortunately, people long ago voted for
bigger-better-faster-cheaper rather than reliability (cellular phones,
satellite radio, text messaging, VoIP, etc.)

-Jim P.