[ale] external monitor & automated refund request for Comcast or other services

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Fri Jan 11 10:30:30 EST 2008

Robert Reese wrote:
> Hi Jerry,

> On 1/11/2008 at 8:55 AM Jerry Yu wrote:
>
>>   - Worse, for acknowledged outages, Comcast doesn't automate refunding
>>   customers in the affected service area.
>>
>> To "encourage" them to improve the up time, I think it'd be nice to automate
>> the outage->refund process.
>
> It's called "Class Action".  It works for the person with the balls to do it. ;c)

It's called 'a waste of time.'  The only winners in a class action law
suit are the attorneys..  The company being sued has to pay a large sum
of money to an even larger group of people.  The company loses out
because they have to pay, the people lose out because they get pennies
on the hundreds of dollars.

The attorneys win, on both sides...

--
Until later, Geoffrey