[ale] external monitor & automated refund request for Comcast or other services

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 08:55:13 EST 2008

My comcast connection went down twice this week.  (frustration!).

   - They doesn't seem to have end-to-end service monitors, since I was
   on the phone and told no outage in my service area,
   - Worse, for acknowledged outages, Comcast doesn't automate refunding
   customers in the affected service area.

To "encourage" them to improve the up time, I think it'd be nice to automate
the outage->refund process.  I reckon that, if  enough people (I'd be happy
with >=30%) send in their refund request through an automated
framework/service each every time an outage happens, that ought get their
attention.

Is there such thing exist already? If not, how one be implemented, assume
Comcast's "API" for refund doesn't change. This meant to be a technical
question, not invitation for 'yeah, mine was down too' echo.