[ale] Re: Mapping VirtualHosts to public_html

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Jan 8 14:18:49 EST 2008

> Personally, I like sticking the different domains I host all in
> /var/www/<domainname>
>
> WMM

My only concern with that is if I ever allow a web designer to log in.
I believe these guys use Publisher or some other program at hit a button
named "Upload".  Some magic happens and the website is on the internet
via FTP.  When I slurped ours down I ftp'ed into the site and it was in
the root of my ftp directory.  I guess to do the same I would need to
configure ftp that the users root should be ~/public_html