[ale] Firefox periodically needs restarting

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Sun Jan 6 13:54:49 EST 2008

Has anyone else seen this?  I run Firefox for a while, usually a few
days and it start slowing down to a crawl.  Typically I experience the
slowdown by attempting to scroll a window by dragging the slider and it
is stuck for a few seconds.  Then I might click on a link and nothing
for a few seconds, then if I put up with it long enough when I do
something it just hangs.  Never to come back.  Killlall javascript-bin
time.  It's using a bunch of memory but then it does that when I first
open it up.  And yes, I usually have a few windows and tabs open, but
the only one usually with ajax activity is gmail.

Thanks,
Jim.