[ale] Broken Keyboard, help?

Linda L. Hull. llhull at babylon.d2dc.net
Sun Jan 6 00:36:48 EST 2008

Thank you a lot!

I took a nap, I'm on my husband's laptop.
( Forwarded to my box for re mail.)

I was really asking IF I disconnect my keyboard, or if it randomly disconnected,
do I have to reboot to get it to work again?

Can I safely unplug the keyboard now and get it back in?
We have other cords, some that might work.

My Class M is a PS/2 connector with a plug at the keyboard.

I'm also wondering if that plug end failed, as they do, or if something

could have broken when I plugged and unplugged the usb keyboards?

If it's a problem with the wire, that's going to be a LOT of rebooting,
unless it fixes on the first try.

My son has managed to move it around and deal with the cord end problem
from time to time. (He still hasn't called, he moved and is working in Texas.)

I pulled it and moved the keyboard around, changing to the PS/2s.

IF I have to reboot. I can use the online keyboard for that, but not
for all the other stuff I do, so I will have to solve it.

I'd appreciate any more advice?

Linda

(Anyway Ill reboot.)